Monday, May 5, 2014

Corn Tortilla Chips

I gotta keep snacks in the house - especially with two hungry children and a hubby.  Since we're all busy everything has to be quick.  I didn't even know that making these chips could be so simple until we made them at work a few years ago.  Ever since then, I've been making them at home. 

This with guacamole and/or salsa . . . . . . .

Feel free to season them any way you like.  I've even tried sprinkling them with lime juice.   Mmmm.





Ingredients

1 pack of corn tortillas - non-GMO
Oil for frying (I used canola - make sure you can get non-GMO)

Large Bowl
Paper Towels

Procedure

Preheat oil in a large pot - I prefer to use this over a skillet.

Line your large bowl with paper towels.

Cut tortilla's into triangles (4 big or 8 small - it's totally up to you).

Place 2-3 handfuls of your chip into the hot oil (careful not to burn yourself). 

Fry for about 3 minutes while separating the chips with a large fork.

Remove the chips from the oil and place them in the bowl. 

Repeat until all the chips are fried.  Enjoy with guacamole, salsa, or mango salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment