Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Lemon "Sprite" Soda

I love soda, especially around that . . . ahem . . . time of the month.  Typically, it's cola that I down for that week or two out of the month.

RC for 8 oz. has 110 cal. 30 mg - sodium, 27.9 g - sugar

Pepsi for 16 oz. has 200 cal. 40 mg - sodium, 55 g - sugar

Well, that's no good for me or anyone else, but who cares when it tastes so good.  So naturally, I did the thing that I do best - I created my own.

Since, I haven't experimented with cola I have two recipes that work well with three simple ingredients - 4 if you count the ice.




Ingredients

1 can seltzer water
1/4 cup agave
Juice of 1/2 lemon (live a little - use the whole one if you want)


Procedure

1.  Squeeze the lemon into your favorite cup. 

2.  Add agave and stir.

3.  What I did was add the ice and then pour the seltzer water over the ice and lemon mixture. 

4.  Stir with a straw and enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment