Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Tofu Chocolate Mousse Cake

I totally gotta try this.  I made one once before using regular tofu and it was ok.  I am a fan of silken tofu now (ooh that reminds me, I gotta get you all that recipe).

Ingredients

9 inch Pastry crust or graham cracker cust

2 packages tofu - non-GMO
1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
2 tsps. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2-1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips (melted)

Whipped cream/strawberries for garnish - optional




1.  Preheat oven to 450.  If using a flour crust, prick the crust with a fork.  Place either crust and put it in the oven and bake it for 5-7 minutes.  Let cool while preparing your other ingredients.

2.  In a blender, combine all other ingredients (except whipped cream and berries) and blend until smooth. 

3.  Pour mixture into prepared shell and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until set.

4.  Garnish with whipped cream.

Hope you enjoy it and tell me how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment