Saturday, January 18, 2014

Taco Seasoning


I like trying to experiment and make seasoning mixes as opposed to buying them from the store.  I also use and love the Wildtree Organic seasonings but I find myself mixing those as well because I love various flavors.  So one day, I wanted to see if I could make a taco seasoning mix the way that the famous brands make it.  While we all know that Chili powder is the main ingredient, do you wanna know what the secret is???  Cocoa powder!!!!   Cocoa powder is what gives it the color and deep flavor that we've come to love.  

Most of us have these ingredients in our cabinets already, so why not just go ahead and go for it.  Experiment!!!!

Ingredients

Chili Powder
Cumin
Sea Salt
Black Pepper
Onion Powder
Garlic Power
Cocoa Powder

Procedure

Notice that I didn't give any measures.  Use the following ingredients to experiment to your taste and liking.  Chili powder is in fact the main ingredient.  However, I put Cocoa last so that you wouldn't go over board with it.

Have fun experimenting and let me know how it works out for you.



















































































 
 

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment