Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Vegan Caesar Dressing

I've been experimenting with a lot vegan/vegetarian recipes lately.  As many of you know, it's my goal to make my food items taste just like (or close to) what I was used to and I think I hit it with this dressing. 

I love Caesar Salads and this dressing reminds me of a dressing that I loved at Outbacks Restaurant.  It's been so long since I've been there . . . . sigh (because of transportation issues)!!!!  I kept wondering while I was tasting my creation if the dressing they used was vegan or vegetarian.

Anyhoo, I created something that I like and I'm going from there.

Ingredients

1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup tahini (try not to use more - the tahini may be overpowering)
1/2 cup oil
2 teaspoons freshly grated garlic
2 tbsps. nutritional yeast flakes (more if extra is needed)
2 tbsps. whole grain Dijon mustard
Juice of one lemon
Water for thinning
TT onion powder
TT salt
TT black OR white pepper

Procedure

Mix all ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth.  Touch up any seasonings or ingredients to your taste. Chill.  Serve with your wonderful salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment